We all love fruit. Everyone may not agree on loving the exact same fruit as the next person. But we all have our one favorite at least one or two. I don’t think it’s a human alive that hates all fruit.
The variety is large and gives you many different kinds to choose from. In this article, we will talk about the best fruits for weight loss.
Not all fruit is as good as others. I do not mean that strictly for the taste. But more so for other health reasons.
Some fruits have repercussions for indulging into large portions of them when you are trying to lose weight. I will go over that as well so you will know what to be cautious of.
Let’s get right to it.
Best Fruits For Weight Loss
I will give you 10 of what I find to be the best fruits to aid in a weight loss experience. All of what I am about to mention you can find in any local grocery store, whole foods store and places like them.
All of which are recommended in my top ten can/should be eaten with a diet for weight loss. They help with cravings and make for prime snacks. Not only will they help you with weight loss.
But you will find that they help with even more positive healthy things for you.
My Top 10 Recommendations
- Lemons – Despite the sour jaw tightening taste you get from a lemon. They are very good for you. They are extremely low in sugar while at the same time being high in vitamin C.
You can use lemons in a variety of drinks and foods. You can even eat them if you want. I’m sure it wouldn’t be the best thing going down. But it wouldn’t hurt you if you do decide to eat them like this.
- Grapefruit – Eating grapefruit helps get rid of belly fat and at the same time reduce cholesterol levels.
- Oranges – Oranges only contain 47 calories. Making it a prime candidate for the perfect snack. For late night cravings or someone looking to lose weight.
- Strawberries – The phenolic acid strawberries contain makes them the glowing red color that they are. This also helps you regulate blood sugar and can be implemented into a weight loss diet.
- Blueberries – Blueberries do not contain a lot of sugar. They can be eaten by the truckloads before they start to harm your body in one sitting. Blueberries are filled with fiber, folate, potassium, and victim C. I mentioned blueberries in a previous post of mine in regards to weight loss smoothies.
- Cranberries – Cranberries have phytonutrients and vitamin C. Making them very very healthy to eat. Cranberry juice isn’t the same as cranberries you pick with your hands.
The cranberry juice you see in many grocery stores is filled with other ingredients. All of which takes away from the cranberry itself. It’s still good and ok to drink. But you will be selling yourself short if you don’t eat cranberries also. Especially for weight loss.
- Guava – Are high in fiber. This makes it ideal for weight loss. Another fun fact is that it is low in glycemic index. Making it good for diabetics to consume as well.
- Watermelon – Watermelon is delicious and can be very good for you. It’s made up of 90% water and contains around 30 calories. The amino acids help you burn fat.
Watermelon keeps you hydrated and will fill the void as a legitimate dieting snack. Be mindful that watermelons do contain a lot of water as I just mentioned.
So this means they will make you use the bathroom a lot. If you have a weak blatter or do not wish to get up multiple times throughout the day to use the bathroom.
Watermelons are also natural laxatives. So they are designed to make you go to the bathroom rather it’s #1 or #2 you will do something soon after eating a large portion of watermelon.
Watch how you eat watermelon if you have these issues.
- Pear – Is great for your digestive system and lower cholesterol, and brings down the risk of you contracting coronary heart disease and type 2 diabetes. It is also rich in vitamin C.
- Tomatoes – I saved this one for last. Because many people don’t know that a tomato is not a vegetable it is a fruit. Filled with antioxidants at the same time reducing water retention.
They also combat leptin resistance. That is a protein in our body that prevents us from losing weight. Tomatoes swings at it like a home run. Ketchup isn’t the route to go. Just like cranberry juice.
Ketchup is loaded with harmful ingredients that will demolish a weight loss effort.
Tomatoes cannot be substituted by ketchup they are not the same.
My Top 10 Not So Recommended Fruits
Before I get started I want to make this clear. These fruits aren’t going to kill you and I’m not saying don’t eat them. Just watch how you indulge in them. Because of the ingredients, they contain mainly sugar.
You cannot eat these fruits like you can the ones I have listed above. High sugar intake is a very bad thing to do when you are trying to lose weight. So avoid it as best you can. Starting with this information here.
- Figs – Loaded with sugar. They have been shown to lower blood pressure. But eating too many will raise your blood sugar.
- Bananas – Loaded with sugar. Can be a wonderful source of energy. The potassium a banana contains is great. It makes a perfect pre or after workout snack. Only then should you eat a banana. Just eating them randomly multiple times throughout the day can be risky for weight loss.
- Mangos – Loaded with sugar. It has one of the highest amounts in the fruit world.
- Grapes – Loaded with sugar. Even though they are ideal to eat and aid with lowering the risk of diabetes, heart disease, and high blood pressure.
- Pomegranates – Loaded with sugar. They have been shown to beneficial to the heart. But be mindful of how you eat them while dieting.
- Cherries – Loaded with sugar. Be mindful of how many you eat in one sitting.
- Apples – Have over 19 grams of sugar per apple. An apple a day may keep the doctor away. But it won’t keep the fat away. It has been shown to regulate blood sugar.
- Dried Fruit – One cup of dried fruit can contain up to 400 or more calories depending on the type of fruits and size of the cup.
- Pineapple – Contains vitamin C and I will admit I do eat some pineapple from time to time. But they are loaded with sugar. One or two servings a week is ideal.
- Cherry Tomatoes – Can cause inflammation in your joints. Be mindful of how you indulge in cherry tomatoes. Other tomatoes are fine.
You know have the good with the not so good. The best way to buy all of this is organic. You want to buy your food organically because stores have fruits that have been sprayed with all kinds of harmful ingredients to keep them fresh and other things.
Which is why you see that white coating over them most of the time. That white coating/ash/fog are chemicals and poisons. You don’t see it on all fruits like you do others. But you can see it on a few like grapes and so on.
But just cause you can’t see it on there. Doesn’t mean it hasn’t been sprayed on the fruit.
If you do decide to eat regular store purchased fruits. Be sure to wash them thoroughly maybe more than once before you eat them. I mentioned fruits in my best foods to eat for weight loss post.
That’s all I have for this post. If you have any questions or concerns feel free to leave a comment. I will get back to you as soon as I can.
Also, share if you know someone who could benefit from this information. Thank you for stopping by my website. I hope you learned something you didn’t know before you read this.
Have a nice day.