The Atkins diet is very popular and has been used by millions of people. The results I’ve seen personally have been all positive. I know at least five people in real life that completed this diet and have the body to show for it. But everyone is different and your results may differ.
That’s no excuse for you to give up though.
What Is The Atkins Diet
It is a dietary plan. That claims to help you lose up to 15 pounds within two weeks of starting the diet. At the same time, you are allowed to eat lots of fatty foods. They do this in a very simple theory.
The body is an engine; carbs are the gas that makes it go. Limiting carbs make the body turn or use an alternative fuel. So simple starches like potatoes, white bread, and rice are all shoved out of the picture.
Where protein and fat like chicken, meat, and eggs are embraced. The fat is burned out and the result, the pounds come off.
How Is It Set Up?
It has four phases you will go through.
I will give you each with a brief description beside it.
- Phase 1 – You will be under 20 grams of carbs per day for 14 days. Eat high-fat, high-protein, with low-carb vegetables like leafy greens. This gets the weight loss process up and rolling.
- Phase 2 – Slowly you will begin to add more nuts, low-carb veggies and small amounts of fruit to your diet. Yes, you must crawl before you walk with this.
- Phase 3 – This will be more like fine tuning the weight loss process. When you are very close to your weight goal. You will add more carbs to your diet until the weight loss slows down.
- Phase 4 – In this phase, you will be sure to keep maintenance on your weight loss. You can now eat as many healthy carbs as you please. As long as your body doesn’t start gaining the weight back rapidly.
I know that this process seems tedious and honestly, I don’t think all of that is necessary. Just be sure you stick to the meal plan they provide you and you should be fine.
Where Can You Buy The Atkins Diet?
I have seen the book on Amazon. It has many different variations. Here is a link to the most purchased Atkins Diet book on Amazon’s site.
The prices vary. I’ve seen $16, $12, and $10, I will say that these are all prices from different Atkins Diet books on the site. It’s an essential guide, a workbook, and the most recent one which is “New Atkins Made Easy” as of Aug 10, 2016.
Once you purchase the book. It will guide you and let you know what to eat and how much to eat.
You can also visit the Atkins Diet website for more information.
What Will You Be Eating During The Atkins Diet?
The Atkins Diet will ask you to eat a lot of foods. Just to give you an idea. I’ll list a few I know for sure. It may be more. I will have to purchase the book and check it out.
- Meats Beef, Chicken, Lamb, Pork, Bacon
- Fatty Fish – Salmon, Trout
- Shrimp and Shellfish
- Dairy foods – Greek yogurt, heavy cream, butter, cheese
- Veggies – Spinach, Kale, Lettuce, Tomatoes, Broccoli, Cauliflower, Asparagus, Onions etc.
- Berries – Blueberries, Strawberries, etc.
- Nuts – Almonds, Macadamia nuts, Walnuts, Hazelnuts, etc.
- Seeds – Sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, etc.
- Fruits – Apples, Oranges, Pears, etc.
- Coconut Oil
- Extra virgin oil olive oil
- Dark Chocolate
- Condiments – Sea salt, pepper, turmeric, cinnamon, garlic, parsley, etc.
These are what I know for sure. Like I said it could be even more.
Alcohol Is A Big No No For Weight Loss
If you are an avid drinker. This dietary plan may be a little rough for you in the beginning. Alcohol is highly forbidden with this program or any weight loss program for that matter.
Beer, Wine and all other alcoholic beverages add calories. It will be a bit of a hassle to do. Especially if you love consuming these types of beverages.
But if you are serious about losing weight you’ll let it go. I’m not going to say that you have to totally disable it from your diet. But drinking it could hold up the weight loss process.
Does The Atkins Diet Work?
This will depend on you and how serious you take it. I don’t believe that any weight loss dietary plan is bad. I will say that some are more effective than others.
But it ultimately boils down to how we treat it. If you start this diet and don’t stick with it but a day or two. Well, of course, it’s not going to work. If you get and give it your best shot.
I suggest for at least 90 days. I can assure you that you that you’ll be a different looking person. In a good way. By the time it’s all said and done. So for the questions does it work?
It’s just a book with some words on it. You have to be the one that takes action and make those words come to life.
Like with any other weight loss plan. You will need to exercise in order to achieve results. You can invest in a medicine ball or even a treadmill. It will also help to keep a yoga mat close by as well.
Or you could walk or get a membership at your local gym. No matter what you choose. Just be sure you’re doing something active.
Because eating all the meats and stuff they have listed with this program will blow you up if you don’t exercise just as much if not more than you eat.
This is one another one of those diets just like the Volumetrics Diet. That requires you to be dependent on yourself. It will only take you as far as you allow it to.
Being that you are following instructions from a book and not an actual person. Distractions can play a very big role with your results. When dealing with a dietary plan such as this.
So be sure you are committed 100% each and every day when you are trying to lose weight with the Atkins Diet.
That’s all I have for this one. I hope you enjoyed it.
Thanks for reading my post. I hope you learned some valuable information. Good luck and have a nice day.