In this post, I will help those who are curious about why they’re losing weight without trying. I know that sounds like a blessing to some but it could be hurting you at the same time. Losing weight is on so many people’s to-do list.
I’m making this post to help you make sure you’re losing weight the right way. I’ll name 4 I know without a doubt in my mind are factors in unexplained weight loss.
It’s probably more diagnoses out there but I can only speak on what I know. So I can guarantee I’m giving accurate information. Let’s get to it.
Why Am I Losing Weight Without Trying?
There are many ways you can lose weight without deliberately trying to. I will name a few that I know of to be main reasons for unexplained weight loss.
- You may have an overactive thyroid or known as hyperthyroidism. Have been known to cause weight loss.
Symptoms are – warm or moist skin, swelling in your neck, irregular or unusually fast heartbeat, loosening of your nails, hives, twitching in your face and other body parts, trembling or uncontrollable shaking, patchy hair loss, redness on the inner parts of your hands.
- You may have diabetes. In a lot of cases when people suffer from sudden weight loss. They may be diabetics and not even know it. Insignificant insulin prevents your body from getting glucose from your blood to place into your body’s cells to use as energy.
When this happens your body starts burning fat and muscles to produce energy. This will cause an overall reduction in your body weight.
I have written a post already on the symptoms of diabetes. Check to see if you have any of these issues here.
- You may be suffering from depression. If you are depressed you most likely don’t want to do anything. That could result in you not eating. If you don’t eat you will lose weight over time. I’m sure you already knew that but it’s nice to be reminded every now and then.
Many Americans suffer from depression from all races and ages. It’s not a fact of when it hits you. It’s how you handle it when it does. Not eating will have some negative results.
Symptoms of depression are – feeling sad or hopelessness, thoughts of suicide, loss of appetite, loss of wanting to do anything, etc. It goes on and on.
I will elaborate on it a bit, though.
There are many different types of depression. Such as the following.
- Major Depression – the constant sense of hopelessness.
- Chronic Depression – Longer lasting depression.
- Postpartum Depression – A mix of physical, emotional, and behavioral changes. Usually, happens to women after giving birth.
- Bipolar Depression – Severe changes in mood within short time frames of each other.
- Seasonal Depression – Getting depressed during certain times of the year. Meaning you get depressed the same time for consecutive years.
- Psychotic Depression – You see hallucinations and hear voices telling you negative things. Such as you’re no good and you are worthless etc.
- Atypical Depression – Includes increased hunger or weight gain, sleepiness, and weakness. Moods that are strongly reactive to environmental circumstances, and feeling extremely sensitive to rejection.
- You may have a liver disease. This can be another cause of weight loss without trying. You can get liver disease from drinking alcohol or alcohol abuse, cirrhosis, hepatitis A, B, C, D, and E, Iron overload and the Epstein Barr Virus.
Symptoms of liver disease.
- Right Upper Quadrant Abdominal Pain
- Yellow Discoloration Of The Skin
You may have HIV/Aids. Yes, this is a sexually transmitted disease. You get this from unprotected sex with an infected person, using dirty needles of an infected person, and Drinking Breastmilk of someone who is infected can also cause you to have aids.
You can have this for many years and not even know it. But it also causes you to lose weight without you trying to. It has various ways of doing so.
Symptoms you may be HIV positive.
- Sore Throat
- Muscle or Joint Pain
- Swollen Lymph Nodes
- Skin Rash
- Nausea and Vomiting
- Weight Loss
- Nail Related Problems
- Night Sweats
- Genital And Oral Herpes
- Weakness Or Fatigue
- Mental Confusion
There you have it these are four reasons I know of for sure that have been causing people to lose weight without them trying. You don’t just go to sleep 350 and wake up 180 with you putting in any work into doing such. It’s just not the way it works.
I wish it was a magic button on our beds that we could press to help us lose weight while we slept but it just hasn’t been invented yet. So in the meantime, we must get it done by working towards it. If you are curious and have any of these symptoms I strongly suggest you go to your doctor and get checked thoroughly.
There is nothing wrong or to be ashamed of going to your doctor and asking to get checked for either or all of these. Especially if you are experiencing dramatic weight loss without putting any effort into doing so. You should want to know why the weight is going away.
Be sure to bookmark or favorite my website. So it will be easier for you to find me. I post quite often. It should be new content available each time you visit my website.
All related to health and things you could do to better yours. I give the best information I can with each and every post. Also if you have any friends, relatives or whomever and feel that they could benefit from this information share it on your social network of your choice or send the link in a text or email it would be greatly appreciated.